McCain Auditorium cancels or reschedules remaining season shows
Our top priority is the health and safety of our artists, volunteers, staff, and audience members.
In following the most recent guidelines from Kansas State University and the CDC in regards to the COVID-19 virus, McCain has made the difficult decision to cancel or reschedule all events left in the 2019-2020 McCain Performance Series. The following event updates are current as of March 17, 2020:
- George Orwell’s 1984
- Homer’s The Odyssey
- Susan Werner (both performances)
- Beautiful – The Carole King Musical
- Anne of Green Gables, The Ballet
- One Night of Queen: rescheduled to Monday, March 22, 2021
- Piff the Magic Dragon and Piff’s Private Party (VIP meet-and-greet): rescheduled to Sunday, November 1, 2020
- Kool and the Gang: rescheduled to Wednesday, November 11, 2020
- For the canceled performances, the ticket, facility surcharge, and sales tax will be refunded to the original ticket holder’s credit card used to purchase the tickets.
- Patrons do not need to contact the ticket office to request this refund. If the patron originally paid by cash, check, or gift certificate, the ticket office will contact the patron to discuss refund options or your may email email@example.com.
For rescheduled performances, patrons have two choices:
- Join us for the rescheduled date. Tickets for this year’s performance will be honored on the new date.
- If unable to attend the rescheduled date, patrons will receive the value of the tickets, facility surcharge, and sales tax on a gift certificate to be used for tickets for any McCain Performance Series shows during next year’s season.
Patrons should email the McCain ticket office if they prefer a refund onto a gift certificate: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Patrons who would like to attend the rescheduled event need to do nothing.
If patrons do not respond by June 4, 2020 with their preference, McCain staff will consider those tickets transferred to the rescheduled event.
Suspended Ticket Office hours and reduced staff
TICKET OFFICE HOURS ARE CURRENTLY SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
McCain ticket office staff can be reached best via email at email@example.com.
- In accordance with K-State’s guidelines, McCain staff has been reduced to limited numbers and hours in hopes of reducing chances of virus spread for both our employees and our visitors.
- McCain’s response to inquiries may be delayed more than usual. McCain also encourages patrons to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or ticketing issues.
McCain thanks patrons for their patience while staff tackles increased call volume and inquiries.
Share your support
Many of our dear patrons have expressed concern about the financial impact of these event cancellations and rescheduling. McCain encourages its friends to share your support and make a donation of any size.
The health and well-being of our community is McCain’s top priority during this ever-changing challenge, and we hope these preventative measures – although not ideal – will lessen the impact on our patrons, our campus, and our employees.
McCain is eager to welcome everyone back to a successful 2020-21 season. We have a historic season planned!