Imani Winds with Jon Nakamatsu
7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 12, 2020
Quartet #8 Op 110
Dmitri Shostakovich (arr. Mark Popkin)
Solace — Mexican Serenade from The Entertainer
Sextet for Piano and Winds
La Nouvelle Orleans
Extolled by the Philadelphia Inquirer as “what triumph sounds like,” the Grammy-nominated Imani Winds have created a distinct presence in the classical music world, connecting with audiences through their dynamic playing, culturally relevant programming, virtuosic collaborations and inspirational outreach programs, seamlessly navigating between classical, jazz and world music idioms. The group has performed in major concert venues, including Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center, Kennedy Center, Disney Hall and Kimmel Center, and have played virtually every major university performing arts series, including those in Amherst, Stanford, Ann Arbor, Austin, Seattle, Urbana and countless others. The group has traveled extensively internationally, with tours in China, Singapore, Brazil, Australia, England, New Zealand and throughout Europe.
The Imani Winds will perform with pianist Jon Nakamatsu, Gold Medal winner of the Tenth Van Cliburn International Piano Competition.
- Tickets are $49, $39, and $29, depending on where you sit.
- K-State students and youth 18 and under are 50% off most seats.
- All ticket prices and dates are subject to change.
- Season tickets (7 or more shows) are on sale now by. Download the season ticket order form (pdf), call the box office, or stop McCain in person.
- Season tickets are not available online.
- Single tickets go on sale August 5 online at 10 a.m. and August 6 in person or by phone from noon to 4 pm.